Effective as of October 29, 2019
Welcome to the Chiku Community — a safe digital environment where you can anonymously discuss intimate topics and get support from millions of other Chiku users worldwide. With your active participation, our Community can be a great space to share personal experiences and opinions and ultimately gain a broader sense of what other users like you go through. Our wish is for you to find support and useful information and have fun along the way.
As with any platform, we need to follow a few rules. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines below, which will help keep things both secure and enjoyable for everyone.
Basic things every Chiku member should follow.
Everyone is human.
Chiku users talk about a lot of sensitive topics. We understand that there are different approaches to these subjects, and people may have different opinions. But there is always a real person on the other side of the screen, who may need your support. Let’s respect each other and have conversations that honor our humanity.
Everything that Chiku members post in the Community space is being moderated. Our team is constantly working on maintaining the balance between freedom of speech and each member’s feeling of safety. Debates are allowed as long as the dialogues remain on-topic, positive, and respectful, without focusing on personal issues between people. We encourage lively, emotional conversations, personal experience sharing, and the constructive exchange of opinions.
Keep it relevant.
When you want to ask for advice or share your opinion, look through the groups and topics and choose the proper place for posting. This way, your comment will be discovered by other members much faster, and you’ll receive relevant and useful feedback! If you don’t do this, your comment may be considered off-topic and deleted by moderators. And please keep in mind that comments here are not medical advice. If you have any concerns about your health, it's better to consult a doctor.
A few more rules to help keep the community safe and fun for everyone.
1. The overuse of vulgar and profane speech is not welcome. Our aim is to make Community acceptable for everyone. For the sake of clarity, comments with an overwhelming amount of swearing and obscenity may be deleted.
2. We don’t tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, or other forms of hate speech. Hate has no place in our community — we are here to find and get support, share our personal experiences, and ask for advice, not to be judged or criticized. Any comments that promote or approve violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability, gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation/gender identity, political views, health status or appearance will be subject to deletion.
3. Bullying and personal attacks are forbidden. At Chiku community people from all over the world share their experiences and talk about topics that are important for them. This means that comments revealing someone’s personal information, inciting harassment, threats, personal attacks, or featuring abusive or predatory behavior are taken very seriously and will be subject to deletion.
4. We encourage posting to the most appropriate topic possible. If you’d like to ask for advice, search for other users’ questions and replies on relevant topics. Your issue may have already been discussed. Each topic has a specific purpose, which defines community members’ expectations of that topic. Try to avoid multiposting in different topics — it may be considered spam and, therefore, deleted.
5. Everyone dislikes spam; so do we. That is why we will delete any comments that are obviously commercial or spam-like. This includes, but is not limited to, self-promotion with links to social accounts, websites, emails, phone numbers; repetitive posting of the same content or links; selling or distributing any products; promoting petitions of any kind, or solicitation of funds for any reason.
6. We respect your privacy. The Chiku team believes that anonymity is one of the core and essential values that defines the Chiku community as a safe place to share your thoughts and experiences and get support from millions of other users worldwide. We get it — sometimes you wish to make friends here or chat in-person, which is why you may consider sharing your social accounts, home address, or phone number. Please, don’t do that — such comments will be deleted.
7. Comments promoting illegal activities will be deleted. To ensure that people of all backgrounds feel safe and comfortable here, we must respect local and international laws and remove comments that advocate and promote illegal activities, like drugs, underage drinking, criminal activity, animal abuse, terrorism, and others.
8. We protect children's safety. This is why you need to be at least 13 years old to use Chiku and contribute to our community (16 for EU residents). We do not intentionally collect information about children, and we will ban you from Chiku and delete your account if we will find out that you are younger than 13 (16 for EU residents).
REPORTING AND ENFORCEMENT
Learn about reporting in the Chiku Community and how we enforce our Community Guidelines
You may report abusive comments or other inappropriate behavior. Naturally, you might not like everything you see. If you think someone’s comment is inappropriate or you notice abusive behavior, use the “Report” button to submit a comment for review by our Moderation Team to determine whether there’s a violation of our Community Rules. Please do not use the “Report” button to express your disagreement with the author’s opinion.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
If you have suggestions or questions about any aspect of participation in the Chiku Community, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the app.